The forthcoming Symposium of MESAEP (Mediterranean Scientific Association of Environmental Protection) will be held in Rome, Italy in the beginning... ...
Monitoring of the socio-economic impact of the project actions on local economy and population (AUTH)
The socio economic impact of the project will be assessed through a dedicated study designed as follows:
- Establishment of contact with the local population to perform monetary valuation of the health benefits expected from the project implementation. Preparation of survey protocol and questionnaires.
- Execution of the survey using questionnaires and personal interviews and analysis of the results using hierarchical population modelling taking into account EU-wide population surveys already performed in prior research projects providing thus prior information on this issue.
- Investigation of the potential for job creation using macro-economic multipliers and applying them to the population profiles in the four demonstration sites (macro-micro economic modelling). The multiplier values will be adapted and updated to reflect the current and project economic situation in the areas of the four demonstration sites in order to ensure that the finally derived estimates are scientifically robust.
- Estimation of the overall socio-economic benefit compiling job creation, economic growth from supplementary income sources and economic benefits from medical care cost avoidance due to the public health improvement expected as project result.
- Drafting of overall socio-economic impact report consolidating project results and data over the whole lifetime of the project.
The expected results are:
- 70% of feedback to the population survey (questionnaires and personal interviews)
- Increase of new jobs in in paramedical/medical and environment-related professions in all the demonstration sites
- Quantitative assessment of the socio-economic impact of the project activities on local population and economy.